Welcome to your Queer Weekly Horoscope, a bite-sized look at the coming days broken down by your zodiac sign.
We’ve got a real beast of a week on the horizon, y’all!
Everyone’s melodramatic tendencies are already at their mid-Leo season maximum when Venus joins the Sun in the lion sign this week, cranking romance-related emotional demands up to 11. Then the Full Moon in Aquarius sets up a contest between anger and authority that will only be exacerbated by the inescapable August heat. Unfortunately, circumstances are astrologically ideal for everyone on the zodiac wheel to have a real Tennessee Williams type of weekend.
As always, my weekly horoscope starts with the sign in season (Leo!) and then moves forward until everyone’s fate has been unfurled. If you know more of your placements than your Sun Sign alone (Moon, Rising, Venus, etc.), be sure to check their entries, too, so you can be fully forewarned about the fresh hell that awaits you this week.
- There’s so much happening here, Leo; it’s frankly a little overwhelming. First up, we’ve got the Sun, your sign ruler and currently in your constellation for your season. Early in the week, the Sun moves into an encouraging trine aspect with Chiron, which represents trauma and healing. But then, in the middle of the week, it travels into square formations with both the North Node and Uranus. Not good.
- Just as the Sun is squaring off with the celestial influences behind your personal life path and your creative problem-solving skills, love-obsessed Venus is scheduled to crash into your house, adding potential romantic feelings to the mix.
- And then the freakin’ almost Full Moon in Aquarius aggressively opposes the Sun, which again is your ruler and currently in your space.
- In summation: you start the week strong with a mind geared toward healing, but then hit major blockage regarding your life plans and consequently suffer an emotional breakdown while suddenly experiencing new/intensified romantic feelings, which may induce an even more dramatic Emotional Breakdown Part 2: Full Moon Boogaloo. Damn! Hold on tight, your season really knows how to bring the drama.
- On Full Moon Friday, you’re slated for an intense burst of introspection. Your sign ruler, Mercury, which is currently in your constellation, will form a collaborative sextile aspect with Lilith. Astrologically, Lilith represents your shadow self, the “ugly” stuff you don’t necessarily want to flaunt out on the surface, but that helps you protect and prioritize yourself.
- Powered by the Full Moon, fast-moving Mercury will drag you into spending some time with your most selfish impulses. It might feel a little disturbing if you’ve actively been trying to repress your own self-interest, but don’t dismiss the feeling — it’s worth your attention! Your shadow self may be telling you to pick up and get the hell out of a current situation you don’t need to be in anymore… or to abandon inertia and dive headlong into something new.
- You may feel jerked around afterward when the Moon opposes Mercury on Saturday. No worries: It’s a good day to spend some time in bed processing before you act on any big decisions you made in the light of the Full Moon.
- Your sign ruler Venus debuts in Leo and fights with the Moon this week. For you, that will probably manifest as an urge for attention and an outsized emotional reaction about it, respectively.
- Across the wheel, your sibling sign Aries is headed into hardcore healing mode. You’ll likely feel a little of that, too, but it will manifest more as longing or even jealousy to be in a similar stage of active resolution yourself.
- Friday’s Full Moon won’t be easy for you, either. Its alliance with rigid Saturn to frustrate rebellious Mars will rattle the entire zodiac. You know how to find balance better than any other sign, however: keep your footing and ride it out.
- Early in the week, the Moon is friendly with your sign ruler Pluto. That’s an auspicious start: you love a good reinvention, and you’re due for some turnover.
- Then, when the Full Moon’s aspects with Mars and Saturn find the rest of the zodiac battling the systems surrounding us all, you’ll likely feel paradoxically calm. You genuinely enjoy yourself at the point in the horror movie when the blood has started flying, when you can finally relax and just react.
- As the weekend closes and the Moon makes friends with Mars again, the Moon also aligns to form a gentle, pleasant angle with Pluto. You’re scheduled to feel contentedly aligned with your emotional landscape at week’s beginning and end, even as events are turbulent.
- The week begins with a waxing gibbous Moon in Sagittarius. While it’s in your sign, it will be positioned sextile to lawful neutral Saturn. You’re not known to be the biggest fan or favorite of authority, but sometimes it overlooks you to your benefit.
- Less fortunate is the Moon’s square aspect with Neptune, which rules intuition. You rely heavily on subconscious gut instinct to steer your decisions, and it’s disorienting to feel like that sense is faulty or mistaken.
- That passes quickly, however, as the Moon moves on to Capricorn. Trouble that blows your way on Full Moon Friday is more likely to stem from external influences, rather than your own ish. Remember that nearly every other sign is walking around at breaking point going into the weekend. Step gently so as not to give them an excuse to lose their shit in your vicinity.
- The Moon is really busy this week, but will nonetheless take a couple days to stop by and stir up some stuff for you on its way to fullness in Aquarius.
- On Tuesday, the Moon makes friends with the representatives of momentum and weirdness, but fights with the ruler of luck. Then the next day, it forms highly auspicious patterns with four planets — especially your sign ruler Saturn and little death god ice ball buddy, Pluto — but stubs up opposite romantic, aesthetic Venus.
- So basically, you’ve got some ill-fated fortune for luck and romance, but truly excellent conditions for every other aspect of life this week. A real mixed bag, Capricorn!
- You still have custody of Saturn, still retrograde, as you will for months now. That’s old news. The hot ticket in town this week is Friday’s Full Moon in your sign. Leading up to the big event, the waxing gibbous Moon makes a friendly sextile aspect with lucky Jupiter. That’s fortunate and will hopefully help set your mental state in order to embark upon the weekend, which is scheduled to be A Lot.
- While full, the Moon will pull up in acrimonious squares with Uranus (creative progress) and Mars (fightin’ words), standing in defiant opposition against the center-of-everything Sun, while astrologically holding hands in conjunction with the rule-obsessed hierophant Saturn.
- I typically try to avoid interpreting full moons negatively. I mean, just look at that shit! It’s so pretty! But this particular moon, astrologically? I can’t figure out how to spin it gently. If it’s any consolation, you won’t be alone if you feel like you’ve lost your entire marble collection this weekend. When the big beautiful Moon turns its proverbial face to ally with patriarchal authority, queers of every sign transform into were-Aquarians.
- You catch the Moon upon its melodramatic exit from blowing up everybody’s business in Aquarius. It lands on your couch and immediately stalls out in opposition with motivational Mercury.
- But moving on into the next day, the Moon recovers and makes nice again, forming friendly sextiles with Uranus, Mars, and Pluto. If you got caught in the crossfire of Full Moon conflict, any resultant damage should resolve quickly and easily. (Unless the fight happened with a Cancer: that relationship might be finished afterward.)
- Most auspiciously, the Moon ends the week and begins the next in conjunction with Neptune—your sign ruler, currently in your constellation. You’re particularly sensitive to retrograde movement of even the slow outer planets, so Neptune’s current direction has had you feeling unbalanced internally even as its presence benefits you overall. Its aspect with the waning gibbous Moon next Sunday should give you a chance to catch up emotionally with the most current incarnation of yourself.
- Conditions continue to hold steady. You’ve still got Jupiter (big ball of beneficence) and Chiron (lil’ centaur of wounds and healing) hanging out in your space, both retrograde.
- This week, the healing focus of Chiron will intensify even further as it moves into an auspicious, attention-demanding trine aspect with the Sun.
- As you are most likely aware, from spending so much time metaphorically charging around like a ram and crashing headlong into immovable objects, healing can be an unpleasant process. First, you’ve got to wash the injury, reset any broken bones, get your stitches. Then you have to wait, sometimes for a really long time, which is the absolute most difficult challenge for an Aries. But you can do it, and you will! The healing’s gotta happen.
- You’re hosting Uranus, which is still raining unpredictable weirdness all over your life, and the North Node — representative of your ultimate life journey, still currently moonwalking in retrograde.
- You’ve also still got angry Mars, which has been keeping you heated this summer. There are some nice aspects happening for you with Mars this week, giving you the opportunity to channel conflict progressively to enable inspiration and reinvention! But also, unfortunately…
- Mars squares with the Full Moon on Friday, which will also simultaneously be in cooperative conjunction with Saturn. The friction you’ve already been feeling between the mad red planet and the stern ringed one is primed to blow up into a rageful, Full Moon-fueled inferno.
- Early in the week, the Moon forms an auspicious trine aspect with your sign ruler, Mercury, giving you a little mana boost heading into the chaos of Full Moon Friday.
- Even when that dreadful day arrives, you’ll remain in relatively good shape. Nobody thrives in chaos like a Gemini! As I also warned your sibling sign Sagittarius, try to be courteous to other signs this weekend. Thriving in chaos doesn’t necessarily have to mean creating it.
- Only on Saturday do you face particular astrological friction, when the waning gibbous Moon opposes Mercury. You don’t enjoy hard stops, but you’re excellent at redirecting attention. Shift your focus and you’ll regain momentum.
- Your impending break-up with Venus, which moves on to Leo late this week, may not go as smoothly as you hope. On the way out — not fully through the door, but still at the arguing-in-the-foyer-with-a-hand-on-the-knob stage — Venus opposes Pluto, the ruler of death and rebirth.
- This is likely to strike as an acute wave of nostalgia, with a concurrent reluctance to let go and move on. This is where having Lilith in your sign, as you currently do, can be a liability. Lilith rules your self-interest, along with the absolute shadiest stuff you’d do to protect it — a ruthless influence, uninterested in self-abnegation and release. Sometimes you need that drive, but at other times, it can work against you. Here it may manifest as an overwhelming compulsion to cling, even when you know you shouldn’t.
Get the best of what’s queer. Sign up for Them’s weekly newsletter here.