The dating pool is open! Whether you’re a serious diver or just a casual swimmer, you’ll be making waves in no time.
If you have a sinking feeling about diving back in, don’t throw in the towel just yet!
First, test the waters. Carefully dip a toe in. Way too hot? Too cool? Questionably tepid? Don’t drown yourself in analysis! What could possibly go wrong? (Don’t answer that.)
Then take the plunge. A classic dive is fine, but there are creative alternatives for making a splash.
- Cannonball: Make an unapologetically large display, one that alerts even innocent bystanders.
- Cartwheel: Go in with the intention of quickly falling head over heels.
- Swan dive: Enter with beauty and grace, only to realize that no one is watching.
- Belly flop: Launch yourself in with reckless abandon and prepare to get hurt.
Once you’re in, be sure to keep yourself afloat!
- If you’re waiting to be impressed by a pool trick—don’t hold your breath.
- If you call out for someone (e.g., “Marco!”) and don’t get a reply, try another name or an entirely new game.
- If you did a deep dive, be prepared for what you might find at the bottom.
- Different strokes for different folks! The most common, however, are a stroke of luck, an ego stroke, and freestyle.
- Just in case, find out who’s trained to do mouth-to-mouth.
Remember, there’s no lifeguard on duty in the dating pool. Be on the lookout for unexpected skinny-dippers, urinators (or those you quickly have “warm feelings” for), those misusing their pool noodle, and the guy who’s been in so long that he’s permanently pruned.
If the dating pool gets too crowded, head on over to the Jacuzzi. You’re better off by yourself with bubbles in a warm bath, anyway.