Samsung Electronics America, Inc. has released a military-grade edition of its Galaxy S20 for users at the Department of Defense and the federal government operators.
The Galaxy S20 Tactical Edition (TE) will come with “military-grade security,” including two layers of NSA-standard encryption and customized software and features for classified and tactical applications.
This device also features Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK), Android Precision Assault Strike Suite (APASS), Kinetic Integrated Low-Cost Software Integrated Tactical Handheld (KILSWITCH) and battlefield assisted trauma distributed observation kit (BATDOK). According to CNET, it can simultaneously run multiple mission applications.
(Photo : Samsung)
Galaxy S20 TE (Tactical Edition)
The Galaxy S20 TE is great for performing missions as it has night-vision and stealth modes, while the DeX software can be used in performing mission planning and reports on the move.
Samsung releases Galaxy S20 Tactical Edition with military-grade security; Probably not for regular buyers
In a statement, Samsung said the smartphone “can operate seamlessly with a range of existing peripherals and supports the requirements of tactical and classified applications.” This can also assist operators in navigating through complex terrain and a long stretch of distance.
More importantly, this helps users when communication with command units is lost. Slated for release in the third quarter of this year, Galaxy S20 TE can connect to tactical radios and mission systems with excellent 5G and Wi-Fi 6 support.
Samsung Electronics America’s Head of the Mobile B2B Division and General Manager Taher Behbehani said this smartphone “is a result of coordination and feedback received from our Department of Defense customers and partners.”
The device provides the user with a field advantage while allowing the IT teams with a highly secured technology that can be deployed easily in a controlled environment.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 TE will be available only through certain IT partners, so regular customers may not be able to get it. You can get more information about the product through the Samsung website or the Samsung Government programs.
(Photo : REUTERS/Fabian Bimmer)
Soldiers of German Army Bundeswehr load a U.S. M109 tank onto a heavy goods transporter during preparations for the Defender-Europe 20 international military exercises in Bergen Hohne, Germany, February 12, 2020.
Galaxy S20 TE Specs
Galaxy S20 TE offers a mobile solution that works with a wide range of technologies. It is supported by a military-grade Samsung Knox mobility platform as well as a unique configuration of Galaxy device tools.
- Offers Great Connection. Galaxy S20 TE can connect to tactical radios and mission systems to ensure seamless operations throughout multi-domain environments. It also features multi-ethernet capabilities as well as a wide range of network support through SIM, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, and CBRS.
- It provides accurate situational awareness. It supports the unique requirements of the military with highly customized features. It has a night-vision mode that allows the operator to navigate on the display while wearing night vision. Meanwhile, the stealth mode disables LTE and mutes all RF broadcasting. Also, the device can be easily unlocked in landscape mode while mounted to the user’s chest. Operators can also launch their most commonly used apps quickly by pressing a button.
- Multi-function Device. Operators need an easy-to-carry lightweight device that offers the power they need during a mission. Its powerful 64-bit Octa-Core processor can support the simultaneous running of multiple mission applications like ATAK, APASS, KILSWITCH, and BATDOK.
- Galaxy S20 TE also carries Samsung DeX software, bringing “a PC-like experience when connected to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse,” is useful for completing reports or potting mission.
- Certified Special Operations Security. The device’s defense-grade mobile security platform, Samsung Knox, protects it “from hardware through software layers.” Meanwhile, DualDAR architecture further secures the Galaxy S20 TE with two layers of encryption, even when it is powered off. This multi-defense system allows the device to meet the most stringent regulated industry requirements.
Read also: Hacker Caught by Ukraine Security Service Trying To Sell 773M Email Addresses and 21M Passwords
ⓒ 2018 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.