is — and its release schedule has been shifting like the sands of Tatootine. One steady presence amid all the changes: Ewan McGregor’s return to his role as from the universe’s prequel trilogy of movies.
The first of the six episodes was originally scheduled to premiere on Disney Plus on Wednesday, May 25. That date was , to coincide with a live event called the . Not one but two episodes were set to drop Friday, though the rest are expected to stick with a Wednesday release slot. And then, according to a hasty tweet from the official Star Wars account, the premiere episodes arrived a full three hours early, which meant they technically started streaming Thursday night.
One possible explanation for the sudden change of plans was to avoid the release of season 4 of the uber-popular Netflix show.
Regardless, Obi-Wan Kenobi is a good show. CNET’s Richard Trenholm called it “.” Once you’ve watched the first two episodes, check out our in-depth (and very spoiler-y) , including character arcs, Easter eggs and a nifty Star Wars cameo.
Obi-Wan Kenobi episode release dates and times
Here are the release dates and times (based on previous Disney Plus releases) for all six episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Episode 1: Available Thursday, May 26 — 9 p.m. PT (12 a.m. ET/4 a.m. GMT)
- Episode 2: Available Thursday, May 26 — 9 p.m. PT (12 a.m. ET/4 a.m. GMT)
- Episode 3: Available Wednesday, June 1 — 12 a.m. PT (3 a.m. ET/7 a.m. GMT)
- Episode 4: Available Wednesday, June 8 — 12 a.m. PT (3 a.m. ET/7 a.m. GMT)
- Episode 5: Available Wednesday, June 15 — 12 a.m. PT (3 a.m. ET/7 a.m. GMT)
- Episode 6: Available Wednesday, June 22 — 12 a.m. PT (3 a.m. ET/7 a.m. GMT)