by Paulick Report Staff | 10.13.2021 | 12:28pm
November 4, 2020: Jasper Prince, trained by trainer Hideyuki Mori, exercises in preparation for the Breeders’ Cup Sprint and Pingxiang, trained by trainer Hideyuki Mori, exercise in preparation for the Breeders’ Cup Sprint at Keeneland Racetrack in Lexington, Kentucky.
A total of six contenders from Japan are expected for this year’s Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Del Mar, reports the Thoroughbred Daily News. Four are from the barn of trainer Hideyuki Mori, while the other two are conditioned by Yoshito Yahagi.
The Mori contingent includes:
- Jasper Great (Juvenile) – This 2-year-old son of Arrogate won on debut over 1 1/8 miles at Hanshin on Oct. 9.
- Jasper Prince (Dirt Mile) – A 6-year-old son of Violence who contested the pace in last year’s Sprint at Keeneland, and won the listed Enif Stakes at Chukyo on Sept. 11.
- Pingxiang (Dirt Mile) – The 4-year-old son of Speightstown traveled to the U.S. last year but did not draw into the Sprint. He has won several allowance races this year.
- Matera Sky (Sprint) – A 7-year-old son of Speightstown who ran eighth in the Sprint at Santa Anita in 2019, and has run second in the G1 Golden Shaheen and two editions of the Saudi Sprint.
Yahagi’s contenders are:
- Loves Only You (Filly & Mare Turf) – A 5-year-old daughter of Deep Impact, this mare owns victories in the the 2019 G1 Japanese Oaks and this year’s G1 FWD QE II Stakes.
- Marche Lorraine (Distaff) – A 5-year-old daughter of Orfevre, winner of the Empress Hai.
Read more at the Thoroughbred Daily News.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2021 Paulick Report.