- Amazon fires worker who led New York warehouse strike
- Detroit: America’s next Covid-19 hotspot prepares for surge
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo diagnosed with coronavirus
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
Dr Anthony Fauci said the White House is examining whether to recommend more widespread usage of face masks to mitigate the spread of coronavirus.
Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, said medical professionals should still have priority in receiving face masks, considering they are on the front lines against the virus.
Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell said he believes the impeachment of Trump distracted lawmakers from responding early to coronavirus.
The Kentucky Republican told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt this morning that the virus “came up while we were tied down on the impeachment trial. And I think it diverted the attention of the government, because everything every day was all about impeachment.″