When it comes to bite-size brunch treats that pair well with a late-morning cocktail, these mimosa bread pudding bites might be the star of the show. In a TikTok video shared by The FeedFeed, home chef Justine E. (@justine_snacks) whipped up a batch of these mini brunch bites with just a few simple ingredients, and that zesty orange-Prosecco glaze has me ready to reach through my screen just to try it.
The recipe calls for two classic mimosa ingredients — Prosecco and orange juice — along with eggs, milk, white bread, and a few spices to add a flavorful kick to the bread pudding. The recipe looks so easy that I might have to schedule a virtual brunch with the gang ASAP just as an excuse to have a full batch all to myself. Read ahead to find out exactly how to make these tasty treats for your next brunch and to see the delicious finished product.
- For the Bread Pudding:
1 cup whole milk
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup Prosecco
6 slices of day-old white bread
- For the Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon prosecco
2 teaspoons orange juice
Pinch of orange zest
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Tear your bread into crouton-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs (and egg yolk), orange juice, sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, orange zest, and Prosecco.
- Press the bread pieces into a greased mini-muffin tin, about five pieces per muffin mold, and evenly distribute the custard mixture over each muffin mold until the bread is fully saturated. If necessary, press the bread down gently with your fingers to fully coat it in the mixture.
- Let the bread pudding sit for 30 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, or until you can pierce the mimosa bites with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Make the glaze by whisking together the orange juice, a teaspoon of Prosecco, a pinch of orange zest, and half a cup of powdered sugar. Drizzle the glaze evenly over each mimosa bite and enjoy!
- About 24 mini-muffin-size bites
- Prep Time
- 45 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 14 minutes, 59 seconds